[BC] Uverse Question...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Tue May 13 07:31:30 CDT 2008

Tom,

I can't really answer your question, but we have Uverse in our area
and it is not fiber to the house.  It's fiber to the nearest remote
terminal and then copper to the house.  We have not signed up for it
and have no immediate plans to sign up.  It does't offer some of the
program services we want.

I recently changed to att's isp service.  The connection is great but
the e-mail service...  I'm not real pleased.  ATT does not have it's
own e-mail servers and relies on Yahoo for that.  I find that I'm not
receiving a small but important amount of e-mail.  In discussing this
with them, they claim that they are not filtering or blocking
e-mail.  I've tried sending to myself from att to att and sometimes I
get it, sometimes I don't.  I have a hosting service and an address
with them that forwards to my att address and that seems to be 100
percent and quick turn around.

Not much towards you question but I hope it offers a wee bit of something.

Burt

At 10:30 PM 5/12/2008, you wrote:
>So the big question is, has anyone fired up with Uverse yet? I heard one
>person state that they saw significant pixelation on a sports feeds. I
>was also told that the fiber node to home copper pipe is a 66 mb/s,
>which is divided by your 4 or 6 TV signals and your Internet feed.
>
>     Just curious if anyone has a real life experience with Uverse yet.
>
>     And I thank you
>
>     Tom Bosscher

Burt I. Weiner Associates
Broadcast Technical Services