[BC] IP address blocking

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Mon May 12 17:27:48 CDT 2008

------ At 12:02 PM 5/12/2008, Barry Mishkind wrote: -------

>>I'm using Mailwasher Pro and find it to be a blessing. I easily get
>>300+ spams a day, many claiming to come from myself.
>
>         Ermm ... Rich ... you need to stop selling
>         your bridges to yourself....

Think this through. How do you get a book you've written on the New
York Times Best Seller list? You buy all the copies. In the case of
the bridges there's no cash outlay but people see them being sold.
It's the same technique the HD Dominion uses to stay as the top
"advertiser" on radio. Distressed inventory is like an airplane seat
that leaves empty. Fill all the avails you can't sell with promos and
call them spots. Smoke and mirrors.

In the case of the emails, they're spoofed. Unless I blacklist myself
I have to find the originating IP address. It seems to be working. If
I blacklisted myself I'd never get any of the gems that appear on these lists.

Rich