[BC] ANI Faking --and-- IP address blocking

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Mon May 12 09:47:29 CDT 2008

------ At 06:53 AM 5/12/2008, Cowboy wrote: -------

>  The more reason for an effective and properly implemented filtering system,
>  which will not include on-line black lists, nor IP blocking of any
> kind. ( with
>  incredibly few exceptions )

I'm using Mailwasher Pro and find it to be a blessing. I easily get
300+ spams a day, many claiming to come from myself. When that
happens I check Whois and find a major foreign spammer with a range
of addresses. I filter out the range and they're automatically marked
for deletion. I can still scan the headers in the unlikely event
there's legitimate mail there. One mouse click and they're deleted
from the server before they get to my machine.

Nigeria is a serious offender, not only for the huge number of
dispossessed royalty trying to smuggle huge fortunes into my bank
account if I agree to pay the $250 FedEx charges but as a conduit for
erectile disfunction remedies and replica Rolex watches. My guess is
the ED medications are also replicas.

>  Let's see......
>  Nearly all terrorists, are male and between the ages of 18 and 40.
>  Therefore, we assume that ALL males between the ages of 18 and 40 are
>  terrorists, and execute them on sight.

That's OK. I've passed my 40th birthday so I'm safe until Dick Cheney
takes me hunting.

>  This is called "inductive reasoning" and was taught to be a bad idea
>  about second or third grade, and why.

It appears the current administration was absent the day that was
taught. A recent "60 Minutes" piece should make that clear with the
increasing number of detention centers that make Guantanamo look like
a ripoff of Disneyland.

>  While it *may* be true that 10 million monkeys banging on
> typewriter keyboards
>  for 10 million years *may* produce the works of Shakespeare at some point,
>  The likelihood that GIGO, is a much safer assumption.

I think that's how most of the Talk Show Host books have been
written. Monkey ghost writers.

Rich