[BC] Antenna Question

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Mon May 12 08:55:23 CDT 2008

The orange balls indicates that it's close enough to some sort of
airport, heliport, or farmer's private landing strip that the guy wires
could be a hazard; thus are marked by the orange balls - similar to the
balls placed on utility lines that cross the end of a runway.  If you're
coming through Indy anyway, take the County Line Road (Greenwood /
Indianapolis; I forget the exit number.. 99 maybe?) and cruise past the
north end of the Greenwood Municipal Air Park.  Orange  Balls Galore. on
the power lines.  You also see them on HV lines between cities when
there's a possible aircraft hazard, as well...