[BC] avoiding text messages

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at att.net
Sun May 11 11:40:09 CDT 2008

>[Kim:] That's why I asked AT&T to disable all
>texts, incoming and outgoing, for
>all of my cellphones. No overlimit text fees and I even save an extra 75¢.

T-Mobile allows one to set an email alias for text, and then texts to
the phone number can be disabled. Done thru the Web interface. Indeed,
they recommend doing so. (However, they advise against disabling text
capability entirely so they can still send account-related messages).

A couple years back I did have customer service disable incoming fax on
my cell #. Dunno if that's still effective (doesn't show on my
statements or anything) but the junk faxes stopped.