[BC] govt repair practices

Ronald J. Dot'o Sr. ron.doto at comcast.net
Sun May 11 11:35:42 CDT 2008

Back around '98 I worked with a guy that was in the Air Force Reserve
and he told me the same thing.  I don't know if the ANG follows the
same policy or not.  There are  (or were) significant differences
between the ANG and the USAF/AFRC to where we repaired things in the
Guard that the active and reserve component used to contract out,
such as non tac (commercial) two way radio.  I would guess that
current avionics boxes with smt are becoming unrepairable in the
field like the old firebottle and discrete solid state units were in my day.

Ron D

----- Original Message ----- From: <FrankGott at aol.com>