[BC] HAMS

BOYDSIRBOYD at aol.com BOYDSIRBOYD at aol.com
Sun May 11 00:08:52 CDT 2008

In a message dated 5/10/2008 5:02:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ron.doto at comcast.net writes:

I  started off active duty in SAC as an  airborne ECM Repairman
(30153B,  Active ECM-jamming) on B-47's in the 340th Bomb Wing in MO.,
then  eventually went full time with the MI ANG as a Nav Repairman
(30151), then  Inertial and Radar Nav Repairman (30154), then Com
Repairman (30170) as  the Foreman, then transferred to Ground Radio as
the NCOIC (30474).   The reason that I cross trained so much was that
we kept changing aircraft  and each aircraft type had a different
manning document requiring  different AFSC's.  I transferred to the OR
ANG as a ground rat with a  TAC Control Flight and hated it.  Finished
off my ANG career an the  Base Disaster Preparedness NCO (24270?) At
the Portland ANGB.   Enlisted in the OR ARNG as an NBC NCO and
instructor in the 641st Mil  Intel Battalion which flew OV-1D Mohawk
recon birds and retired from  there.  Temporarily transferred to the
2186th Maintenance Co. for  Desert Storm and was a ground rat (29E3H)
in Saudi Arabia.

Ron  D

RON,

were you ever busy....
i was at MYRTLE BEACH AIF FORCE BASE, but alas it's no longer there.
I maintained all ground to air transmitters, receivers and  transceivers,
RAPCON, TOWER, the flight line shacks,  the headquarters that you needed a high
clearance just to get in (inside  was a COLLINS HF radio) and let us not forget
what ever the major, captain  or general of the base wanted fixed.
the major of my squadron want me to fix the commander of the base's,   well
actually SCOTTY my ncoic knew of my electronics before i went in the AIR
FORCE, and had me fix it. the strangest thing tho, it just needed a good tune up
and go through, no parts. that's a sony for ya.
i did go on a TDY one time and learned a new encoder/decoder transceiver.
was suppose to go to ENGLAND for that but never got there.

bill

favorites at AOL Food.