[BC] AVG "Free"

Alan Kline akline at netins.net
Fri May 9 17:34:16 CDT 2008

I just turned off the mail scanner. Since I use Mailwasher Pro to screen
my mail before I download it, I can be fairly confident that I'm not
downloading anything nasty. If it looks suspicious, or if Mailwasher
flags it, I delete it from my ISP's server. End of problem.

The mail scanner in 8.0 appears to run *much* slower than in version 7,
as well. Or at least, it slowed my mail downloading *way* down.

ak