[BC] AM detection in teeth/fillings

Bob Groome bobgroome at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 13:39:16 CDT 2008

Dick

Along these same lines: in Sylvania GA (hope I
have that right) working on a 1 kW AM feeding a
folded Unipole (skirted) AM tower within 10 feet
of the studio in 1970; the monitor speakers would
play the station audio with just wire hooked up
to speaker and the other end of the wire floating
(not hooked up to anything). Why bother buy a
monitor amp? The match to the tower wasn't quite
right; but it was just plain of RF energy too
close to the studio. RF was in everything
(turntable pres, mics, telephone lines, etc.).

They ended up converting the tower to a 1/4
series feed and problem got a lot better.
Bob Groome