[BC] X-Digital question

Steve Griesbach Steve.Griesbach at cumulus.com
Thu May 8 15:15:53 CDT 2008

Something I am having issues with, and not sure if anyone else has mentioned
it, but ABC only authorizes one output per affiliated station (at least
right now).  I have stations in my cluster here that utilize programming off
of the Sat Serve channels and are not ABC affiliates.  When they switch all
programming over to the XDS, as of now and they way it sounds from ABC, we
won't be able to carry the programming because my receiver only has 2
authorized audio outputs, 1 for each affiliated station.  And those will be
in use 24-7 for those stations.  I have tried to get ABC to authorize those
other ports, but have had no success.

We use 3 StarGuides and a total of 6 channels to get all of our programming
and this also allows for background recording of shows for playback at a
later time.  We will also lose this ability as well once the changeover is
complete, if they refuse to authorize the 2 remaining ports on our receiver.

Unless they will be sending out additional receivers for stations that carry
programming off their Sat Serve channels.

Does anyone on the list know if that will be the case?  Or is anyone else
having this issue with them?  I would think I am not the only one that is
going to face these challenges.

Steve Griesbach
Cumulus Broadcasting - Appleton/Oshkosh