[BC] Hoo Boy, I don't need any more of this.....

Jerry Mathis thebeaver32 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 09:47:00 CDT 2008

Man, I hate waking up to disasters  :(

Tornado through Tupelo MS this morning. At one point it was heading right at
our studios. When I saw where it was going, I drove out to a major highway
intersection. I watched a funnel cloud go RIGHT OVER the major shopping mall
for the county and surrounding areas. FORTUNATELY not a big funnel, it
looked more like a dust devil. Otherwise, that mall would be GONE! Winds
blew an 18-wheeler over on the major highway right by the mall, and lots of
trees and power lines down too.

Buildings in the area collapsed or had shingles blown off. The storm is now
headed towards Muscle Shoals AL

Stations are OK. Studios were not hit, and all our transmitters are on the
air. WE WERE LUCKY!

--
Jerry Mathis