[BC] A fun night..

WBRadiolists at aol.com WBRadiolists at aol.com
Thu May 8 07:09:33 CDT 2008

In a message dated 05/06/2008 8:09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
radiotech at bellsouth.net writes:

> Now that I was concentrating on the
>  area I could see that the .1uF decoupling cap for the IC was also black
>  on one end. An Ohm meter check confirmed it was shorted, and most likely
>  the culprit, behind all the damage. With both the resistor and cap
>  replaced, a recheck showed all good!

Let me guess... it was a tantalum? One of those took WFIF off the air, not
once, but twice! (In the Optimod, it shorted the power supply. They were about a
year apart.) After the 2'nd one, I "shotgunned" 'em all with plain ol'
ceramic discs. No problems since.

Willie...

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new
twists on family favorites at AOL Food.<BR>
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)</HTML>