[BC] All Sports Stations

WBRadiolists at aol.com WBRadiolists at aol.com
Wed May 7 22:45:23 CDT 2008

In a message dated 05/05/2008 2:14:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
richwood at pobox.com writes:

> I want what you're smoking. That wouldn't work in my market because
>  of the unreliability if IBUZ secondaries. It also means you have to
>  hire humans. The audience is simply too small. The Public Radio
>  approach of giving IBUZ receivers to major donors is the best idea,
>  yet. Combine it with a Geek Squad division that'll install those
>  Woodpecker antennas and find advertisers who are willing to accept
>  tiny audiences for goodwill purposes.

You know I don't smoke. ;) At least, I THINK you do! Well... you do NOW,
anyway! ;)

The "hire humans" part was what I was talking about with getting the "kids"
involved. Every high school has it's collection of geeks of various levels.
>From that pool, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a "crew" together to run the
games.

Giving radios to major donors would be a good idea... but if *all* of the
radios truly are as bad as the reports you've gotten, and units you've seen... I
guess it's a moot point. I think that there has to be at least one reasonably
useful radio out there... some here have even posted about it. :)

Seriously, though, I am aware of a 5k regional AM that is making IBUZ work...
for them. They are in the minority, for sure, and I don't know HOW well it's
working, just that it seems to be "holding its own". (I haven't heard much
about their HD operations in some time, now.) They did a decent job of educating
their listeners and making radios available. How long they will be able to
sustain the whole thing will be an interesting thing to watch.

Willie...

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new
twists on family favorites at AOL Food.<BR>
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)</HTML>