[BC] Texas Station Gets it's License Renewal Dismissed

Paul B. Walker, Jr. walkerbroadcasting at gmail.com
Wed May 7 18:36:44 CDT 2008

KBPO-AM 1150 Port Neches, Texas had it's Application for License Renewal
DISMISSED.

Michael Augustus and Sylvestor Anderson fiuled to buy the facility back in
October 2007 and that application was never granted, it still, even today,
sits as "Accepted For Filing". Reports are that KBPO has spent WAY too much
time (Possibly as much as 3 years) off the air without notfying the FCC.

I don't see how they will buy or lawyer their way out of this!

However, I guess anything is possible.... as I understand, KZEY-AM 690 in
Tyler, Texas which is owned by a subsidiary of MRS Ventures, had their
license revoked by the FCC, but their attorney was able to get it REGRANTED
and they once again have a valid license.

If I recall correctly, Michael Augustus has owned what was WGZS-AM 700
Dothan, Alabama in the past. He also has leased what was WZFB-AM 1480 (Which
WABV is now Simulcasting for the time being...1480 is now WSRC and
ironically, owned by, of al people, a subsidiary of Rama Communications).
Michael Augustus also leased, at one point, WABV.

Both the WZFB and WABV leases ended after Mr. Augustos walked out and stoped
paying both the Station Owners and the utility bills.

Paul Walker