[BC] Fallout from Unattended Operation

Tom Radiofreetom at gmail.com
Tue May 6 18:10:55 CDT 2008

Indianapolis:

W I B C:  "Live! Local! First!" - except; they run 3 minutes of
commercials at the top of the hour during Rush, THEN the news.  Or until
7:30 PM every day - canned news between 8:00 pm and 5:00 am; (To be
fair, there's a live local program until 8:00 pm, so they COULD, I
suppose, get something during that last half-hour... and it's even
earlier on weekends - about Noon or so on Sunday; and maybe 3 or 4 pm on
Saturday.  I quit listening shortly after they switched to FM, except
during Morning Drive... and only in bits and pieces then.   FM-3 (105.7)
has I believe a local program on until 10 pm, but everything else is
running off the computer(s) - and it's not even a GOOD automation system
- or else no-one there knows how to program it.  Upcuts, downcuts, dead
air, multiple sources on at once... and this is Emmis' FLAGSHIP
station/cluster!

Sheesh!

Scott Cason wrote:
> >>I don't really believe in complete automation without a real live
> person being there. especially when
> you say you are the towns spoke person of the air, the home town radio
> station.
snip
--
Tom Spencer