[BC] Fallout from Unattended Operation

Jay Braswell braswell at broadcast.net
Tue May 6 16:42:07 CDT 2008

Fewer hours of operation equate to
less energy consumed. It means (former) listeners will
have time to do things may normally put off. Parents
can lecture their children about the dangers of marijuana.
The garage and/or basement can be cleaned. That wayward
sock that got lost in the laundry can be tracked down.
When was the last time you checked the accuracy of your
test equipment? Zero-beat your freq counter to WWV?
Checked the batteries in your DVM?

Engineers can do routine maintenance at times more
compatible with their schedule. Men can surprise women
with an evening of shoe shopping. This alone serves the
public interest, convenience and necessity.

Fewer stations means less interference. Finally, and most
importantly, management/owners can realize a greater profit
by employing fewer people and saving on energy costs.

Ladies and Germans...I herby nominate Thomas G. Osenkowsky, CPBE, to serve as the next presidente of these here United Scrapes of Amilkcow.

By God...he's got it! Back when we all had daytimers, we got some rest and peace of mind at night. Somehow, the public got served, so far as they knew, and clearly to their satisfaction. Yessir...when they gave us FM allocations, which led to actual stations being built, they sealed our fate.

I believe that he, and he alone, can straighten out the collossal mess they have created and forced upon us.

A vote for Osenkowsky is a vote for a leader with a name that most can't pronounce or spell. That's why he shortened it to Tom.

By the way..."they" are, of course, them.

I have to go now...the nurse is calling me to come take my pills.