[BC] It's Engineers....

Fred Morton radioguy at airmail.net
Tue May 6 11:47:12 CDT 2008

Jim Offerdahl wrote:
>It would be interesting to hear what engineers charge for contract work,
>such as hourly rate, overtime policy/rate, mileage, etc.

New clients are charged $75.00 per hour, and 55 cents per mile.
There's a 4 hour minimum involved if I have to leave the home office
and go somewhere. I generally cap things at 8 hours during a day.
Expenses are billed at the end of the month. Long term clients are on
a different rate structure but not substantially different in the
hourly rate I charge. If someone's not willing to pay the rate, I
refer them to others, and don't lose sleep over it.

Fred Morton, CSRE
Houston