[BC] anybody else seeing glitches from AMC-8

Scott Cason scott at lagrange-com.com
Tue May 6 08:08:39 CDT 2008

>>One other thing that you sometimes find this time of year is bees or
>>wasps nests being built in the feedhorn.
>>That will affect the signal and I've seen it happen a few times at
>>different sites.

Something I have found that's a temporary fix to this is saran wrap and a big rubber band.  Cut enough of the plastic wrap off to cover the hole to the feedhorn and use a rubber band to hold it on.  It's not a permanent fix, I check mine about once a week or so and replace as necessary.  But it will prevent surprises when you need to work on the feedhorn/LNB of a dish. I have also used heavy wax paper to some degree of success.

Scott