[BC] fallout from cuts

Tom radiofreetom at gmail.com
Mon May 5 17:57:32 CDT 2008

OTOH, the absolute BEST AF/RF plant in the world is only going to sound
as good as what goes into the input terminals.

You can have a 120 dB S/N ratio, 99% efficient transmitter, 200 dB
headroom, a VSWR of 1.000:1 - but if the input sounds like
tin-can-on-a-string... that's what the RF Out will carry.  Chicken or
Dinosaur Egg, maybe.  Sure, attention to the 'nuts and bolts" of the
plant is important - but without QUALITY at the INPUT, what difference
will it make?

Oh, BTW - the "tin-can-on-a-string is NOT NECESSARILY a comment on the
technical quality of the source material; it also represents the quality
of the actual source - "music" with no melody, meaningless blather
substituting for talk/opinion; Programming that originates in, and is
topical to, some VERY LARGE city airing in Bumpford, Wy....

I agree, programming quality goes hand in hand with technical quality.

--
Tom Spencer
PG-18-25453 (nee' P1-18-48841)