[BC] fallout from cuts

patrick roberts radiowavesokc at gmail.com
Mon May 5 14:06:39 CDT 2008

Personally I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
More people will loose their jobs during the fire sale years.  Some
goofballs will end up with stations, some good operators will end up with
stations.  If a person gets lucky they can work for on the rebirth of radio
with expanded freedoms to create, maybe not with a huge budget, but the
freedom to do something 'good'.  Others will have the misfortune of working
for total scam artists with bouncing checks.  I agree the pendulum is
heading back towards the past's system and with it brings the good and the
bad parts of it.

The good news about McRadio as it is now would be stable pay checks if
you're lucky enough to survive cuts from time to time.  The problem is along
with the stable checks we get a very sterile product.  With today's emerging
and now stable digital entertainment technologies sterile just won't cut it
anymore.

PR