[BC] Fallout from Cuts

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Mon May 5 09:41:09 CDT 2008

------ At 12:59 AM 5/5/2008, Brent Hall wrote: -------

>You hit the nail on the head. I also passed on the dream job. In
>1981 I was offered a job at CBS Television City running Master
>Control for the West Coast. I flew to LAX at my expense, and after
>much debate declined their offer. No offense to those living in
>L.A., but my 2 friends that worked at Television City and NBC
>Burbank have both left, taking jobs in Phoenix and Boise. I kind of
>wish I were working with Brew at 30 Rock, but who wants to live in
>New York? No, working for KSL-TV was not my dream job, but there is
>a lot to be said about job security. I cannot understand stations
>not having a staff engineer at all. Willie should still have his job
>in my opinion.

CBS offered you a job and required you to pay your way to the
interview??? That should have been you first clue that something was
wrong. Jobs at that level not only pay all expenses but relocate you,
as well. I've worked in a number of cities and have never paid
expenses for interviews or relocation.

That amazes me. It might happen today but not back in 1981.

Rich