[BC] Fallout from cuts

dpuopolo at usa.net dpuopolo at usa.net
Mon May 5 00:05:14 CDT 2008

I think that both Rich and I have offered a solution. To wit:

THROW THE INCOMPETANT BASTARDS AT THE TOP OUT ON THEIR A$$ES!

The problem with radio isn't the employees-it's the top level managers! Did
you not read what I posted about Radio One in Philadelphia? They bought a TOP
3 station there-that was cash flowing like crazy! They promptly changed its
format and now I don't think it's even in the top ten!
Look at what they did in Los Angeles-they paid somewhere between 250 and 400
million for an FM there and promptly flushed it down the toilet-so bad that
they could only get 137 million for it when they sold. The new owner is
already doing fairly well with another format!

For these great accomplishments, the heads of the company just got big
bonuses-while the stock lost over 90% of its value in a year!

Do you really think that keeping people such as these one second longer is a
good thing?

THROWING PEOPLE LIKE THESE OUT IS THE SOLUTION!!!

At least in the "good old days" as you put them, Kent there were actually
BROADCASTERS running things. You seem to believe this is a bad thing!

I myself hope that the cycle changes BACK to this! I want to work for a
BROADCASTER, not a bean counter who doesn't know the difference between a
radio station and a bakery!

And as far as you having a great job Kent-many of my and your friends that
work(ed) for CBS-some of them for over 20 years now find themselves
unemployed. Same thing with Citadel/ABC and Cumulus and yes, even Clear
Channel!  Get your head out of the sand, Kent-it could happen to any of us
tomorrow-and it has NOTHING to do with our abilities, demeanor or anything
else we have control over.

To these clowns we are numbers on a spreadsheet-nothing more!

All we can do is keep our heads down and pray (yes, pray-Willie!) that the
cycle changes and we come out the other side unscathed.

OH--and it might be good for your karma to if not help, at least emphathize
for your colleagues who haven't been as 'lucky' as you-rather then demean
them!

Least you think I'm singling you out, Kent. I am not-you just made yourself a
good example for the moment. WE ALL need to watch out for each other during
these trying times! We need to be more caring and less 'catty'....and lest you
think I'm exempt, I put myself at the head of that line!

-D