[BC] fallout from cuts

W2XJ w2xj at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 2 16:24:39 CDT 2008

I am not so sure I want to see broadcasting return to the 'good ole days'.
That means racing to the bank on pay day and working with equipment that is
much less safe and less maintained then it is today. I need only to look at
some markets where I once worked and compare them to 'the day' and how much
better the stations are under conglomerate ownership.  Are the formats
better? Don't know, don't care. Our job is to keep those electrons flowing,
who cares what flows on those electrons as long as there is a steady pay
check.