[BC] Phone System & VOIP Question

Bernie Courtney bcourtney at metrobcast.com
Sun May 4 23:02:46 CDT 2008

At the end of the day, just about any telephone can interface to a VOIP line, since you can use a terminal adapter to turn the VOIP into a tip/ring 'POTS' line to feed to the telephone system.

The performance of any such setup will depend on the specs of the TA you are using to generate the POTS line, and the compression that is used on the back (VOIP) side of things.