[BC] All Sports Stations

Tom Dimeo mwam at pa321.net
Sat May 3 11:18:17 CDT 2008

I understand most of the "what" but can't understand the
"why."  Is Phillies baseball really all that important?
Harrisburg hasn't had a Phillies station for many years.
Most of the Phillies games are at night, WGLD runs
fifty-three watts at night, on 1440, how much coverage will
they really have?  Also, I'd guess that the IBOC racket from
WTKT on 1460 will also limit coverage to the north.  Maybe
Cumulus has been immune to the financial problems other
broadcast companies have had and have lots of money to spend.

Sorry for quoting so much text but it is a rather long story.

Tom