[BC] All Sports Stations

Bob Boxer bob.boxer at comcast.net
Fri May 2 20:06:45 CDT 2008

Bob Boxer
bob.boxer at comcast.net
847-778-6063

Actually, Rich, that's not always the case now.  The radio rightsholder fees
for many teams have gone so high that a number of stations have chosen to
pass on them, sometimes giving up very longstanding relationships.  More and
more teams are retaining the rights and buying time on a local station.  I
think the St. Louis Cardinals actually bought a station to carry their
games.  ESPN-1000 in Chicago instantly became a much more profitable station
the day they no longer had to pay Bulls and White Sox rights fees.

Bob