[BC] It's not just Engineers....

DHultsman5 at aol.com DHultsman5 at aol.com
Fri May 2 17:22:28 CDT 2008

In a message dated 5/2/2008 3:12:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
dpuopolo at usa.net writes:

> Oh, one more thing-did you see the newest 'crutch' for HD? Congress wants
> XM
> and Sirius to have to build it in to their recievers.  Let's see, the
> satellite band is at 2 gHz and radio at and below 100 mHz. BOY, I can see
> commonalities in those radios! Not to mention the fact that IBOC royalties
> would need to be paid for EVERY XM radio!  I can easily see the consumer
> cost
> of the satellite receivers more then DOUBLING if this goes through!

I doubt if IBQUITY will get paid royalities for each radio.  I cannot see the
FCC legislating something that would require them to do that when they could
have imposed a drop dead date for analog or required that all AM/FM radios had
to have IBOC sections by 2010.

We will all see.

Dave