[BC] All Sports Stations

Bill Croghan loteng at lvradio.com
Fri May 2 16:52:42 CDT 2008

	Must be money in it.  Our three AM's are all doing well and are all
sports,  1100 KWWN is ESPN, 920 KBAD is Fox sports and KENO 1460 is Deportes
(ESPN in Spanish).  Another station in Las Vegas just switched to sports to
compete.  Not being a sports fan, I have no idea what's left to run however.
That station has changed format a dozen times in as many years.  We don't do
any high school sports because we have way to many high schools in the town
of 2 million, but do everything the UNLV has, plus the 51's and Gladiator
local pro teams.
	Of course there is money in sports.  You didn't think those huge
superstar salaries were a result of charitable owners did you?

Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WBØKSW
Chief Engineer,
KOMP/KXPT/KENO/KBAD/KWWN