[BC] Radio engineering not a profession - 50 kW Vs. 2

Rich Wood richwood at pobox.com
Fri May 2 12:18:59 CDT 2008

------ At 12:47 PM 5/2/2008, Xmitters at aol.com wrote: -------

>There is no reason that the station owner should take a technical test.
>That's almost like saying that the FCC should require that I zip up my pants.

You might want to rethink this analogy. There's a fashion trend that
requires going "commando." No underwear. Walking unzipped will
involve you with a number of government agencies. The FCC will be the
least of your problems.

I'm told that, in some states, my own included, getting convicted of
what I'd consider a minor offense can require you to register as a
sex offender. This could have a major impact on where you can live
and what routes you have to take to avoid schools. My little town is
dominated by a very old prep school in addition to the regular town
schools. There's nowhere you can go and be more than 500 ft. from a school.

Zip up for safety's sake.

Rich