[BC] Fallout from cuts

Glen Kippel glen.kippel at gmail.com
Thu May 1 11:37:54 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Dana Puopolo <dpuopolo at usa.net> wrote:

> Let's see-we're up against WGN, the station that legends are made from-now
> how
> can we compete effectively?
> I KNOW! Let's GET RID of people! If we ELIMINATE half our talent and our
> entire news department we'll be in a MUCH better position to compete!

Yes.  As I told the GM at R&R Broadcasting, talent is an INVESTMENT, not an
EXPENSE.  What if all those sports teams decided to eliminate all of their
multi-million-dollar athletes and hire people for $10 an hour to knock a
ball around?  Just think of all the money they could save!  Think of all the
empty stadiums!  (Stadia?)  If radio stations really wanted to save a lot of
money, they could turn off their transmitters.