[BC] GPS

Jeff Allen jallen
Mon Mar 26 11:11:46 CDT 2007

I found my GPS very handy to find the top speed of my Mustang GT.
Speedometer only goes to 80.  Car goes to 157, which is when I get freaked
out and slow heck down.

J Allen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Croghan" <loteng at lvradio.com>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 9:58 AM
Subject: RE: [BC] GPS

It's not unusual out here in the west to have actual canyon problems
with GPS units.  I do ground search and rescue with CAP and we get places
where it is impossible to get a clear sky view with our handheld GPS units.
This is typically in canyons where it is not possible to fly our airplanes
safely.
(Hint Some older hand carried personal GPS units won't work in an
airplane.  They see the speed as in excess of 100 MPH and "know" that a
handheld unit can't go that fast so they default!)
Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Lt. Col CAP
Chief Engineer,
KOMP/KXPT/KENO/KBAD/KWWN
Lotus Broadcasting, Las Vegas, NV
Email to loteng (at) lvradio.com
Phone 702-315-3030

> This is known as the "urban canyon" problem.

Cable-Connectors-Blocks-Racks-Wire Management-Test Gear-Tools and More!