[BC] "24" At the tansmitter site

PeterH5322 peterh5322
Tue Mar 20 23:19:59 CDT 2007

>Because it has that "radio station look" to it, and because it's so
>close to the studios, it's frequently used as a filming location. The
>Dumpster out back had a "KMPZ" sign in it that had been left behind from
>some movie that had been shot there not long before my visit.

In the Tom hanks movie, "That Thing You Do!", written and directed by
Hanks while he was between major assignments, there were two radio
stations which the group, the Oneders (Wonders, spelled a little
differently), visited.

The second was largely based on KGFJ in its jazz days, but had a white DJ
... Ron Howard's ubiquitous brother, Clint.

The first was clearly identified as "KMPC Los Angeles", and the most
amusing part was the time on the (analog) wall clock in the studio was
7:10 am.

Talk about an in-joke.