[BC] Public File cautionary story

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Mar 8 23:21:45 CST 2007

At 02:32 AM 3/8/2007, you wrote:

>     The FCC's (like everything else in terrestrial broadcasting) rules
>are very outdated, and in my opinion, written for a perfect world. In
>our day and time, people are just out for revenge, money, or just pure
>meanness!  We live in a day and time that we in the type business
>(especially controversial news/talk stations) can not just allow anybody
>in our facilities.
>     What p***** me off on this is that we only know the FCC's inspectors
>side of the story, & of course, Mr. Morrison's side as well. How do we
>know Mr. Morrison was not in there to threat or hurt someone? We don't
>know and we never will.
>We live in an unperfected world of sick people with behavioral problems.

Today's world is no more dangerous than the one we've always lived
in. The Public File rules haven't changed, so far as I know. It was
clear the person wanting to see the file had no physical malicious
intent. He repeatedly left when asked to leave. In my career I've
been involved in many bomb threats at stations and even a murder in
the WOR building after the murderer visited the network offices
looking for work. We beefed up security.

Very often the people with behavioral problems collect paychecks from
the station. You can't hide from everything.

Rich