[BC] Air-Dielectric Sections

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo
Mon Mar 5 18:06:02 CST 2007

Phil,

just trying to learn something--how is rigid line normally run below grade?
That is, what is it usually placed inside of?

thanks,

rob atkinson

From: "Phil Alexander" <dynotherm at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] Air-Dielectric Sections
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:02:43 -0500

Mike,

Maybe I'm dense, but I thought he meant air dielectric Heliax.

Who would consider running 3-1/8" rigid in u/g conduit? It
makes no sense and would cost a fortune, even if the line
was free. (i.e., surplus in the company)

IMHO bare, unprotected PVC is always unwise. Some rodents
seem to like it, and in areas of spring thaw, rocks can
abrade it to destruction. Fiber duct would be less expensive
than laying properly protected PVC. This is a case of the
low cost solution being the most expensive solution.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037