[BC] BC] [Fwd: Clear Channel Radio Launches GLBT Radio

Rich Wood richwood
Mon Mar 5 10:15:07 CST 2007

------ At 09:08 AM 3/5/2007, cldube wrote: -------

>You should check out WWUH's (91.3) Gay Spirit on Thursday 8:30-9pm.
>Keith's show features music and interviews that deal with issues
>outside of the
>cliche "gay" issues. The amazing thing is that he's done this show for the
>Hartford, CT community (and now world wide via internet) for over 20
>years and shows no sign of waning.
>You should be able to pick it up (since it's not in HD) in your area.

I don't question the need for specific shows. I do question the
viability of a 24/7 format. Having spent most of my life in very
large cities I know a lot of gay people. Other than political issues
that affect their lives they share the same interests as anyone else.
I know very few who fit the stereotype, especially the bikers.
They're more likely to be listening to Kenny Chesney than Liza Minelli.

As a programmer I had a difficult time figuring out a common thread
beyond the focus of affection. As hard as it may be to believe, even
sexuality really isn't much different than non-gay techniques. While
gay people get the stereotypes it's the rich Westchester New York
dominatrixes who make news when they get caught making a fortune out
of a house owned by an Orthodox Jewish community. They've asked her to leave.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258