[BC] Re: WEEI towers

PeterH5322 peterh5322
Sat Sep 30 11:11:25 CDT 2006

>I think Peter would insist that, once the decision to use
>unequal heights had been made, the RIGHT way to design the array, whose
>radiation minima are on the west side of the patterns, would have been to
>place the tallest tower on the west side and the shortest one on the east.

Correct.

The reason for this is you can place a minima at a specific vertical
angle, presumably that which best covers the Class A distant station,
without dramatically affecting the horizontal field, and which enhances
the performance locally.

The opposite should be true, should you place the shortest radiator
towards the station to be protected: you will have a maximum at a
departure angle which is above the horizon, and might be great for
listeners in Europe, but would do nothing for North American listeners.