[BC] Country Music plight in top towns

Xen Scott xenscott
Thu Sep 28 14:12:42 CDT 2006

At 01:33 PM 09/28/2006 -0400, you wrote:

>Terrestrial repeaters do not work that way. A receiver can be receiving
>some of the bits from the repeater and some from the bird.  Either you are
>on everything or on nothing.

OK, but if the local radio program is not on the satellite, it would follow
that the receiver must get all of the data from the repeater or the original
local broadcast signal and that might result in data gaps.  My original point
was that while it is technically possible to put local radio on the satellite
and augmenting terrestrial receivers, the limiting factor would be the
program distribution contracts as Rich pointed out.

Xen Scott