[BC] Re: News on satellite/RIAA

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Thu Sep 28 10:59:53 CDT 2006

She was trying to get me to consider it and convince me how low the
blanket rates for "Broadcast Stations" licensed by the FCC.  I never got
back with her because I DON'T TRUST THEM AT ALL!

I read somewhere about threats made at Hillary Rosen when she was up
there at the RIAA. Somebody was going to sabotage her car!

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of WFIFeng at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 10:38 AM
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: [BC] Re: News on satellite/RIAA

In a message dated 09/28/2006 11:21:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sbailey at nespower.com writes:

> Two months ago, I had a rep from the RIAA call and had the nerve to
ask
>  me why:
>
>  1. WMRO-AM does not have a web site.
>
>  2. How come WMRO-AM refused to stream audio on the internet.
>
>  My answer to Miss Amy at the RIAA, was simply......YOU THE RIAA!

What was her response? That is the reason I won't be starting an
Internet
station, either. Those bloodsuckers ruined it for a *lot* of smaller
stations and
for hobbyists, too. Such fees are just out-of-bounds too high,
especially
when you consider that most stations make *zero* revenue on WEB streams.

Willie...