[BC] Country Music plight in top towns

Ron Cole rondcole
Wed Sep 27 12:50:22 CDT 2006

< SOAPBOX >
I don't believe Satellite radio to be a threat to Terrestrial Radio.

Good local radio has a Live feel to it that can't be duplicated on Satellite
be it XM/Sirus or one of the Satellite programming services feed thought a
stations automation system.

The biggest threat to Terrestrial Radio is bad programming, over the last 10
years the over all quality of radio programming went from a somewhat
interesting and entertaining to automated predictable pabulum that is less
interesting then random play on an iPod.

To me XM/Sirus sound like a random playing iPod with low fidelity and
satellite signal fades, fine for when I travel but useless in everyday
listening.
</ SOAPBOX >

Ron