[BC] Stealth antennas

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Mon Sep 25 12:00:53 CDT 2006

Take the flagpole and build a unipole on it.  Make those standofsf go
out at least 2 1/2 to 3 feet. Standoffs to hold the wires would take
some heavy duty fiberglass rods. You might get some bandwidth back then.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net] On Behalf Of Gary Zocolo
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 11:59 AM
To: Broadcasters' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [BC] Stealth antennas

In an imperfect world, a flagSTAFF is better than no radiator at all. It
can
be made to work with varying degrees of degradation...much depends upon
how
much money one will throw at it and how low one is willing to go with
the
level of acceptance.  Minimum radiation
standards...ok...bandwidth....not
ok.

Give me a fat, 42 inch face tower any day. I will make that one sound
good
without much trepidation....or give me a Franklin like 650....but I
don't
think that is likely anymore.

Gary Zocolo CE
Cumulus/Nashville