[BC] 1 kW AM xmtrs

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Sun Sep 24 17:00:41 CDT 2006

Like I said Paul, consider the source.  Jason did a lot of screwy things. I recall hearing when Keith Hammond went down there to work on that Armstrong Box, Jason's mother had to go to Wal-Mart to buy Hammond tools to do any work, plus pay Hammond to boot.

One thing is to consider, was it 750 watts day, and 250 watts, critical hours to protect co-channel KOMA?
I looked into to that too, and I'm almost certain that WQMA, if granted a power increase to say 750 or 1 KW, they would have had 250 watts at Critical Hours.

That's a question Larry might be able to answer off the top of his head.

Scott

________________________________

From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net on behalf of Radiofldude at aol.com
Sent: Sun 9/24/2006 1:16 PM
To: broadcast at radiolists.net
Subject: Re: [BC] 1 kW AM xmtrs

When bonehead got the X1000B put in, he just wired that into the GE BT20A
and left the GE running out to the tower.

That didn't hlep the signal and he refused to fix it.

I also found out a power upgrade to ABOUT(approximately) 750 Watts could be
had by simply spending $2500 for the engineering and filing fees. He refused
to  do that as well.

Paul