[BC] Stealth antennas

Mark Humphrey mark3xy
Sun Sep 24 15:46:02 CDT 2006

On 9/24/06, Harold Hallikainen <harold at hallikainen.com> wrote:

> I think Gulfoss is a waterfall in Iceland. I think the FCC names their
> servers after waterfalls. Iceland always reminds me of the movie "Girl in
> the Cafe." One of our favorites!

Yes, it's an amazing natural feature not far from the "Geysir" field
and only two hours' drive from Reykjavik, Iceland's capital city.  I
suppose the FCC chose this name because it represents a "white river"
of paper, constantly falling into a "deep hole", accompanied by "lots
of noise".  See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gullfoss

A travel tip for anyone who wants to save money -- and see something
different -- while crossing the Atlantic:

Icelandair has a promotion called "Lucky Fares" in which they sell
last-minute flights to Europe at deep discounts.  You'll need to sign
up on their website, then they email you whenever these cheap seats
are available.  You must change planes at Keflavik airport, however
they permit a three-day layover in Iceland at no extra charge,
allowing time to see Reykjavik and the beautiful scenery nearby.  I
visited Gullfoss, Geysir, and the "Blue Lagoon" three years ago (in
mid-winter) on a trip to London and had a great time.  There's nothing
quite like bathing in a 100 deg F, blue-algae-carpeted geothermal pool
after sunset with sleet pelting your forehead!  At that time, the
roundtrip "Lucky Fare" from Boston to the UK was just around $320,
including taxes -- however the cost increases other times of the year.

Mark