[BC] Stealth antennas

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Sun Sep 24 07:53:02 CDT 2006

In a message dated 09/23/2006 9:11:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kwinrich at gmail.com writes:

> I used to live in an apartment ans used the rain gutters as an antenna on
>  160m.  I built my own antenna tuner and ended up talkign with Caribbean
>  Island on 160 using a GUTTER!
>
>  DAH di DAH
>
>  K9EZ

For a while, I was using my gutters as a counterpoise for a 1/4 wave wire on
80 meters. It worked, but not very well. Now I have a proper dipole. Big
improvement. It's amazing what kinds of "stealth" antennas one can come up with
when the need is there.

It also makes me wonder if there have ever been instances where "NIMBY"s kept
a station from building a proper tower, and they had to resort to some kind
of "stealth" antenna? (A sloper to an existing structure, IE: Water tower, etc.)

Willie...