[BC] Re: Netgear MR314 wireless functionality failures

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Sat Sep 23 15:58:56 CDT 2006

In a message dated 09/23/2006 1:55:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Xmitters at aol.com writes:

> I've gone through my third or fourth MR314 wireless failure now and am
>  convinced it is power failure related and not lightning induced failure.
I'm
> running
>  on my backup MR314 currently and It is not performing all that great (not
as

>  much wireless range as I'm used to) so I think this is a good window of
>  opportunity to change manufacturers of cable/dsl router/ WAP units.

Yeah, I'd change brands. Get the Linksys. As for the others, why trash them,
if the LAN portion still works? Just take the antennas off, and make sure that
the RF section is disabled in the setup screen. Use 'em as plain vanilla
routers.

Willie...