[BC] Zoning issues

Bailey, Scott sbailey
Thu Sep 21 09:22:47 CDT 2006

Barry,
  One thing that has been brought out by one of the board members of the
Sumner County Zoning Board is that our county, and who is a former
partner/owner of WYXE-AM, licensed to Gallatin, TN made a comment that
property in our county is becoming priceless.
  Our population here is booming, the need for more housing has become
necessary, we need to bring in more business, like factories, areas for
shopping, etc. Towers, especially AM towers, are a burden; taking up too
much land for a ground system, and nobody really wants to be near them,
except the engineering community.
  I brought up the fact you can build a building overtop a ground
system, but the engineering community advises against this due to it
attenuates the AM signal. When looking into a new full ground system for
WMRO, I talk to Kevin Kidd about this. He's a part of the engineering
community that strongly advised against building over top of ground
systems, but Kevin knows well what's happening here and some anti tower
advocates want some of these towers gone all together.
   I know of several AM sites in the Nashville area that contractors
would love to get their hands on. The property is worth more than the AM
license itself. Several acres of unused land just sold across the street
from my site, and I know that developers would love to buy ALL of my
land. But for now, I'm stuck, and I can't sell any to them. I have 1
acre of land I would love to sell and make a sweet profit on it, but the
engineering community has step in and advised me not to do it, due to
legally my ground system is suppose to extend into that 1 acre of land.
On top of this, the State of Tennessee has allowed the counties and
cities to tax us to death on towers.
    I haven't come up with a win/win situation yet, where I could sell
the land one acre of land, and still have a decent ground system.  I've
brought in Ron Nott to help with this situation.

Scott