[BC] Counterpoise Ground System

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed Sep 20 08:38:08 CDT 2006

In a message dated 09/20/2006 09:22:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
radiotech at bellsouth.net writes:

> Right now I'm on limited bandwidth, So I haven't looked at all of Willies
> pictures, but the link
>  below is another version of an elevated ground screen. I want to point out
> that that's not to be
>  confused with a true elevated ground system.
(Snip)
> Also
>  you should be aware that the ends of the wires are NOT grounded and the
> voltage on the ends gets
>  very high, Think KiloVolts.
>
>  http://sbe7.org/pics/Elev%20ground%20screen.jpg

Now *that* is an *interesting* setup! It is slightly similar to ours, in that
the wires are not very high above the ground... but do they have wires on the
ground at all, there? With our system, they drop to the ground from the
perimeter and run out the full 90 degrees, where space allows.

At least with wires on (or in) the ground, you don't get that very high
voltage risk. I can't help but wonder if that would be a problem for DA's?

Willie...