[BC] Counterpoise Ground System

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Wed Sep 20 08:22:33 CDT 2006

Right now I'm on limited bandwidth, So I haven't looked at all of Willies pictures, but the link
below is another version of an elevated ground screen. I want to point out that that's not to be
confused with a true elevated ground system. I was planning on doing one of those but the situation
changed and I put in a full standard ground system instead. I was working with William Culpepper on
that one. One thing to keep in mind on elevated ground systems is that it's just not a case of
throwing some wires up on poles. The systems are designed with a specific height from ground and
length of wires to work properly. In my case the Design called for 6 wires @ 22' above ground. Also
you should be aware that the ends of the wires are NOT grounded and the voltage on the ends gets
very high, Think KiloVolts.

http://sbe7.org/pics/Elev%20ground%20screen.jpg