[BC] Counterpoise Ground System

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Sep 19 15:33:30 CDT 2006

------ At 11:56 AM 9/19/2006, Bailey, Scott wrote: -------

>    Thanks, that's what I needed to know.  I'm looking into using
>copperweld, instead of bare copper. As Ron Nott put it, Copperweld has
>no value to the drug lords, and does just as well as say a #10 or #6
>solid copper wire.

Will that do any good? Does Copperweld look significantly different
than copper to a thief? Your issue should be what it's worth to you
to have a functioning system more than how much a drug lord can get
once he realizes he's stolen something of little value.

At WOR we had some workmen cut our main phone/data cable from floor
to ceiling. I'm told it was found in the basement. It seems the
thieves noticed there was more insulation than copper. That fact
didn't help us much in trying to get everything up and running.

Most of my cars have been convertibles. Force of habit made me lock
the doors. At some point every top was slashed. There was nothing of
value in the car. Once I stopped locking the doors the slashing
stopped. The potential thieves got nothing and I got hit with higher
insurance rates. Of course the downside is that I had to explain to
the insurance folks the doors weren't locked. They didn't understand.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-454-3258