[BC] Tape deck issue

Bill Croghan loteng
Tue Sep 19 11:20:23 CDT 2006

	In the 70's to clean rubber tape rollers, I used a product made as a
"Platen Cleaner" for printing presses.  It was designed to rejuvenate the
rubber rollers and clean them.  I later decided that if they got so bad they
needed that stuff they probably should be replaced anyway.  It was a
temporary, i.e. 3 months, type fix before re-treatment was needed.  Normal
cleaning with alcohol was needed meanwhile.  I don't remember where I bought
it, but probably through a local print shop.  I've no idea what the chemical
makeup was, but it did work temporarily.  I recall it did stink.

Bill

Bill Croghan CPBE WB?KSW
Chief Engineer,
KOMP/KXPT/KENO/KBAD/KWWN