[BC] MAJOR flub in NY on Channel 9!

Scott Fybush scott
Sun Sep 17 15:52:56 CDT 2006

WFIFeng at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 09/17/2006 3:24:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Robertm at broadcast.net writes:
>
>> It is on now
>
> Huh? I just checked again, and apparently, they *never* picked-up the game!
> Just their regular trash programming. (With their "MY TV" logo in the corner.)
> So the game never aired at all.

It was never even scheduled to air up here in Rochester. Normally, the
local Time Warner system picks up broadcast Yankees and Mets games on
either its cable-only WB channel or on its leased-time channel. The WB
channel was carrying the Mets-Pirates game from WPIX this afternoon, and
the Yankees-Sox game wasn't scheduled there or on the leased-time channel.

Tonight's half of the Yankees-Sox doubleheader is a national ESPN game.

I think today's day game was rescheduled from the rainout Friday night;
perhaps that disrupted the usual broadcasts?